Drop us a line and we will get in touch with you shortly.
"I'm going to make a prediction — it could go either way." - Rob Atkinson
Oberhaching, Germany, August 22, 2022 - Developer 2tainment and publisher Toplitz Productions proudly announce that GOAL! The Club Manager has been nominated for the gamescom award in the category "Best Sports/Racing Game". The prestigious award, which in recent years went to games like Riders Republic or Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2, honours the highlights of the event in a total of 20 categories.
"We are honoured that the international jury has nominated Anstoss 2022 for the gamescom Award in the 'Sports' category," says Matthias Wünsche, CEO Toplitz Productions. "2tainment's project is exemplary for our credo 'Games with Heart and Soul', among other things due to its closeness to the community. We are pleased that this passion, which is enormously important for all our games, can also be felt in the reboot of the glorious sports management franchise!"
Stefan Weyl, CEO 2tainment GmbH, added: "We are very proud to have received affirmation of our chosen path with this nomination. We look forward to continuing to work so intensively with the community and Toplitz to live up to the high expectations fans have of the game."
The patient fans won't have to wait too much longer for the stadiums to open, the season to start and the hunt for goals, points and championships to begin: GOAL! The club Manager will start in Early Access on October 13, 2022.
At the same time, 2tainment and Toplitz will publish a roadmap informing about the features and contents that will be integrated into GOAL! in the following weeks and months on the way to version 1.0. These include, among other things, the possibility to try yourself as a national coach in time for the World Cup as well as the eagerly awaited online mode.
About GOAL! The Club Manager:
Get ready for classic management gameplay, adapted to the increased demands on coaches and managers as well as the developments of modern football. GOAL! offers depth and realism and confronts you with the complexity of being a manager without getting lost in micromanagement and spreadsheets. You are the coach, the manager, sports director and club CEO in one. You take care of the team, tactics, lineup, transfer market, club grounds, finances and much more. Create your dream team – if you can afford it!
GOAL! is designed not only to reflect the modern demands of an all around club boss, but also to cater to the gamer’s needs. GOAL! respects the time you have at your disposal: Whether you want to enjoy your gaming experience in depth, optimizing every aspect of your team down to the smallest detail or prefer to play a whole season in one afternoon - GOAL! is the flexible football manager that caters towards your preferences.
Additionally you will enjoy the tongue-in-cheek humor, taking a poke at the sometimes all-too-serious affair that is today’s football, making GOAL! The Club Manager a worthwhile alternative to more time-consuming manager games. Regardless of this, a career with an in-depth skill system, finances, sponsoring, squad management, contract negotiations and extensive statistics give GOAL! everything managers need to dive in, including stadium environment and expansion, transfer market, scouting and youth work. You could even become the head coach of your favorite national team. Are you ready to lead your squad to victory?
- The tactics engine unites classic management gameplay and the latest development, methods and rule changes in modern football – VAR included.
- With the heatmap you can analyze and evaluate both the teams‘ and the individual players‘ performance. Make changes, optimize tactics and directly see the impact of your decision.
- Scouting and data analytics are the key to every club’s long term success. Develop a world-wide network and discover new talents.
- They are personalities: Each player has dozens of abilities and a multitude of character traits influencing their development and playstyle. Know them to improve them.
- Your character’s abilities as a coach and manager are enhanced via an extensive skill tree, giving you more options and choices to specialize. Are you a football scientist or an old-school manager relying on the hairdryer treatment?
- With the new multiplayer you can play online with up to 8 managers. Host your own seasons, join others or play with friends. There’s nothing like the Old Firm or the Classico with buddies.
- Simple and intuitive: The new edition of the beloved franchise offers a slick user interface with a clear and efficient menu structure.
- Help is only a click away: Pallino is your in-game mentor and companion, providing an additional layer of help and advice for all newcomers to the challenging job as a club manager